1. O Golden day, when light shall break
And dawn's bright glories shall unfold,
When He who knows the path I take
Shall ope for me the gates of gold.
2. Earth's little while will soon be past,
My pilgrim song will soon be o'er,
The grace that saves shall time outlast,
And be my theme on yonder shore.
3. Life's upward way, a narrow path,
Leads on to that fair dwelling place,
Where safe from sin, and storm, and wrath,
They live who trust redeeming grace.
4. Sing, sing my heart, along the way,
The grace that saves will keep and guide,
Till breaks the glorious crowning day,
And I shall cross to yonder side.
5. I dimly see my journey's end,
But well I know who guideth me,
I follow Him, that wondrous Friend,
Whose matchless love is full and free.
6. And when with him I enter in,
And all the way look back to trace,
The conqueror's palm I then shall win
Thro' Christ and His redeeming grace.
Then I shall know as I am known
And stand complete before the throne;
Then I shall see my Saviour's face,
And all my song be Saving Grace.